RC4 Indoor Rules
* Guys must hit behind the 10ft line
* Guys must hit in a visible upward trajectory, if foot is touching the line or in front of the 10ft line
* Guys can block guys (directional blocking is OK, including free ball overs)
* Guys can fake block a girl as long as there is no ball contact above the plain of the net
* Setting a serve or any first ball is OK
* Block does NOT count as a touch
* Double contact on first ball over is OK
* Directional block is OK
* Directional Set over is OK (does not have to be square)
* Open hand tip is OK (guys must be behind the 10ft line)
* Must rotate servers in Order
* Do not need to rotate positions
* A net is a net (women hair is OK)
* Maximum of 2 guys on the court
* If more than 2 girls then they must notify the other team and league director of permanent designed girl as guy for the night. NO CHANGING back and forth.
* Rally scoring
* Let serves are OK
* Women’s height net
* All subs must be registered as a sub and pay the $20 fee
* Captains and teams must secure a sub before the start of the night..... Not when you arrive or during warm up.
* If you use a sub from another team (AA or A) that player will not be able to attack or be the primary setter. They can Dig, Block, Serve, Pass that is all
* Absolutely NO SMOKING in the Courts
* NO outside ALCOHOL consumption. This means you can not bring your own in and can not be drinking any alcohol in the Parking lot. This is a OLCC rule!!!!!
* All violators and their associates who violate this rule will be “BANNED” from participating.
* NO WARNING will be given. PERIOD.
* NO EXCEPTIONS. Excuses are like ASSholes..... Everyone has one and they all stink
* Players are expected to know the rules and abide by them. Anyone guilty of unsportsmanlike conduct may be warned, penalized, suspended from play,
expelled from the building, or suspended from the league. Refund of registration fees will not be given if suspended.
Unsportsmanlike conduct includes, but is not limited to:
* Loud or abusive language.
* Comments to the referee.
* Comments to opposing teams or spectators.
* Throwing or kicking of objects.
* Questioning a judgment call.
* Actions, which may result in injury to another person
* All Teams will have reffing duties every night.
* 4 refs are preferred, but a minimum of 2 refs minimum is required. 1 up ref and 1 down ref for score keeping. * Duties of an UP REF – An Up Ref must have a whistle and makes the final calls during the game. As the head official you must enforce the duties of all the other refs and the following. Enforce 5-8 minute warm up between games (depending on the ending of the last match).
* Start games on the scheduled time.
* Duties of a DOWN REF – A Down Ref is not required to have a whistle and can ONLY make the following calls.
* Net violations
* Line violations
* 10ft line fault
* Duties of a LINES PERSON – A Lines Person is only allowed to make the following calls.
* Foot fault
* In or out
A Lines Person is not required to have a whistle, but must follow these rules or their team will be subject to forfeiture of 5 points per violation reported to directors.
* Must straddle the corner lines.
* Must be standing. No chairs are allowed. It’s a safety issue.
* Must not be talking on the phone or texting during play.
* Duties of a SCOREKEEPER – A scorekeeper must keep scores for both teams per the Up Ref’s call and report the score accurately on the score sheets.
Start Time Rules
All games will be timed games of 50 min for the warm up and games. Players are encouraged to stay warm if you have the Bye or have reffing duties. Game time starts are 7:05, 7:55, 8:45, 9:35. We will have a 50 min clock running near court #1.